Thursday, May 21, 2009

Mundane

I find myself fighting with wireless internet everywhere I go. Maybe it has something to do with having a Mac, which is cute, but so very incompatible, or maybe I am just way to impatient, expecting everything to open the moment I happen to want it, and when it doesn't I get upset, ready to pull my hair and start a fight...if I only knew where that modem is - mày sẽ biết tay chị.
But then, what is wrong with having to wait a minute for a website to load, what is wrong with not reading my favorite tabloid for a day? Absolutely nothing at all...still, anger is building up inside forcing me to find another way for it to open, if only to roll my eyes at another random, unreliable piece of writing. I think I am spoilt by the speed of modern life, the feeling that I must be able to find out everything I want, whether it is the newest boyfriend of Paris Hilton, or the name of a random tendon in your foot. Google is my best friend, my go to person, my source of wisdom, and I am ready to take a fight with anyone/anything who prevents me from seeking his advice. Yes, even if it is something so intangible as wireless internet...
What happens to mystery, and the anxiety of the unknown, the excitement of digging through the library to find the right book, the right page, the right word? The joy of learning slipping through the fingertips onto the keyboard, when everything seems to be only a webpage away.

No comments: