Tuesday, May 19, 2009

It's time for something new

I have left behind many songs, of the day, the week and the month, many sleepless nights and many non peaceful days, love and anger and longing, emotions that cannot be replicated, words which cannot be separated from the moments when they were written down, even if that moment is just a number in a virtual reality. I have taken some of them with me into a new notebook, fully aware that they have lost part of their meaning, but certain things are better to keep, knowing they are not the same, than to loose them once and forever. Snippets of life, like very old pictures, can never capture fully what had happened, but they can nevertheless provide a trigger to prevent forgetting. Imperfect memories is the best I can have, embarking on a new journey. I let them guide me; the first lines on the first page of a second diary.

No comments: